Wednesday 6 March 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have done a chocolate chip cookie post before but this one is the absolute best in my opinion. This is the recipe my mum always used when she made cookies for us growing up.

My daughter had seen a left over biscuit packet on the bench and started demanding "biscuits!". I didn't have any but she had planted the seed in my mind (and my tummy) so 15 minutes later I had these little babies whipped up.

Ingredients:
125g butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 3/4 self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
125g chocolate chips

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees/160 fan forced.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.


3. Add lightly beaten egg gradually and beat well.
4. Sift in the flour and salt.


5. Mix well.
6. Add chocolate chips and mix.


7. Spoon mixture onto a baking paper lined tray.


8. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. (I like soft chewy cookies so I stuck to 10 minutes baking time).
9. Leave to sit for a couple of minutes on the tray as they will come out puffy from the heat and will need to set. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool.


0 comments:

Post a Comment